Our health and safety measures
We are very pleased to welcome you to Hotel Karnerhof! We will do everything in our power to make your stay as pleasant, relaxed and carefree as possible. At the same time, health and safety are our highest priority. In order to protect you and our employees, we’ve implement a number of safety and hygiene standards. With these measures we are follow the official regulations as well as the recommendations of national and international experts and go beyond them in many places.
Please note that the precautions listed below are not set in stone. As we have all seen over the past weeks and months, the situation can change very quickly. Regulatory requirements can change and expert recommendations will evolve. We will also continue to make improvements based on experience gained in day-to-day operations and on the „best practices“ of our industry.
Our measures for safety and health
There is no question that holidays this year will be a little different than usual. With our team we will do everything in our power to ensure that you have a relaxing holiday. We will welcome you with warmth and Carinthian hospitality, while taking into account all necessary hygiene and safety precautions.
- When staying at a hotel in Austria, guests are required to provide so-called „entry tests“. Please present one of the following options at check-in for every guest over the age of 12:
- A negative COVID test (PCR test: valid for 72 h / Antigen test: valid for 48 h / Antigen self-test with digital registration: valid for 24 h)
- Proof of full vaccination: The following vaccines (including mix-and-match vaccines) are recognised: BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna. Full immunisation (both doses of the vaccine OR Johnson & Johnson + 22 days OR recovery from COVID + one dose + 22 days) is required. A vaccination certificate/vaccination card/vaccine passport in German or English can be used as proof of vaccination.
- Proof of past infection
- If you arrive with a negative test result, further tests are necessary every second day. These tests are performed free of charge directly at the hotel every other day. If you have proof of full vaccination or recovery, these on-site tests are not necessary.
- In Austria, guests are not required to wear face masks in hotels and restaurants. However, we do encourage you to put on your mask on your way to the buffet or in the lobby area.
- We have further increased the cleaning cycles in the hotel. In particular, door handles, light switches, elevator buttons and other surfaces in public areas are very regularly disinfected.
- In the public areas of the hotel you will find dispensers with hand disinfectant.
- Our rooms are thoroughly ventilated, cleaned and disinfected after each guest. We make sure to disinfect items of daily use such as the TV remote control especially thoroughly before each arrival.
- Our rooms, suites and studios are at your disposal from 3 p.m. on the day of arrival and until 11 a.m. on the day of departure. Please note that early check-in or late check-out is currently not available due to the currently increased hygiene and cleaning requirements.
- For further information on the situation in Autria and Carinthia, please visit the Austrian National Tourist Office or our destination’s official tourism website.
Spa and wellness
- When offering massages, beauty treatments and hairdressing services, we strictly adhere to the legal requirements for these activities. We will inform you about the specific requirements and measures on site.
- We ask for your understanding if certain wellness services cannot be offered during your stay due to the offical regulations.
- Swimming in the lake is possible without restrictions.
- Our fitness program takes place outdoors whenever possible.
- Please inform your hosts immediately if you are displaying any symptoms associated with a COVID-19 infection.
Good to know
In uncertain times there are no firm guarantees – but here are some factors that speak for a holiday in Carinthia:
- Plenty of space. Our hotel is surrounded by 100,000 square metres of ground. The pebble beach with the entrance to Lake Faaker See is over 50 metres long, the entire lakeshore of the hotel over 250 metres. Directly by the lake, on the surrounding meadows and around the outdoor pools there are sunbathing areas with a total size of about 5,000 square meters. Our terraces and restaurant areas are generously designed.
- Outdoor activities. The Karnerhof is located directly on Lake Faaker See, which offers numerous possibilities for watersports. Around the hotel and throughout Carinthia you will find well-marked cycle tracks and hiking trails. Within 10 to 45 minutes you can reach twelve attractive golf courses.