Our health and safety measures
Last updated on September 7, 2020
We are very pleased to welcome you to Hotel Karnerhof! We will do everything in our power to make your stay as pleasant, relaxed and carefree as possible. At the same time, health and safety are our highest priority. In order to protect you and our employees, we’ve implement a number of safety and hygiene standards. With these measures we are follow the official regulations as well as the recommendations of national and international experts and go beyond them in many places.
Please note that the precautions listed below are not set in stone. As we have all seen over the past weeks and months, the situation can change very quickly. Regulatory requirements can change and expert recommendations will evolve. We will also continue to make improvements based on experience gained in day-to-day operations and on the „best practices“ of our industry.
Good to know
In uncertain times there are no firm guarantees – but here are some factors that speak for a holiday in Carinthia:
- Plenty of space. Our hotel is surrounded by 100,000 square metres of ground. The pebble beach with the entrance to Lake Faaker See is over 50 metres long, the entire lakeshore of the hotel over 250 metres. Directly by the lake, on the surrounding meadows and around the outdoor pools there are sunbathing areas with a total size of about 5,000 square meters. Our terraces and restaurant areas are generously designed.
- Outdoor activities. The Karnerhof is located directly on Lake Faaker See, which offers numerous possibilities for watersports. Around the hotel and throughout Carinthia you will find well-marked cycle tracks and hiking trails. Within 10 to 45 minutes you can reach twelve attractive golf courses.
- Covid-19 situation in Carinthia. The pandemic’s on Carinthia has been relatively mild so far, with fewer cases per 100,000 inhabitants than in any other Austrian province. The Villach region, where the Karnerhof is located, is below the Carinthian average.
Our measures for safety and health
There is no question that holidays this year will be a little different than usual. With our team we will do everything in our power to ensure that you have a relaxing holiday. We will welcome you with warmth and Carinthian hospitality, while taking into account all necessary hygiene and safety precautions.
- All our staff wear masks in all public areas of the hotel. They are also carefully trained in the necessary hygiene standards.
- Please maintain a distance of at least one metre to others, except fellow travelers or people who live in the same household as you.
- For the time being, we will refrain from greeting you with a handshake, but welcome you with a big smile (behind our mask).
- Of course, all hygiene and behavior rules are also applied behind the scenes – our suppliers, partners and all other people who enter the Karnerhof are required to follow them.
- We have further increased the cleaning cycles in the hotel. In particular, door handles, light switches, elevator buttons and other surfaces in public areas are very regularly disinfected.
- In the public areas of the hotel you will find dispensers with disinfectant.
- Please observe the distance markings in the hotel lobby, restaurants and other public areas in case of waiting times.
- Our lifts should only be used by people from the same family or by guests travelling together.
- We avoid printed materials such as the room folder with hotel information or food and drink menus as much as possible. All important information is available at the reception or directly from our service team.
- We kindly ask you to have additional services written on your room and to pay your bill contactless, if possible.
- In Austria, guests are not required to wear face masks in hotels and restaurants. However, we do encourage you to put on your mask on your way to the buffet or at the lobby area.
In your room
- Our rooms are thoroughly ventilated, cleaned and disinfected after each guest. We make sure to disinfect items of daily use such as the TV remote control especially thoroughly before each arrival.
- The rooms are not equipped with minibar drinks and glasses; we will be happy to bring them to your room upon request.
- Our rooms, suites and studios are at your disposal from 3 p.m. on the day of arrival and until 11 a.m. on the day of departure. Please note that early check-in or late check-out is currently not available due to the currently increased hygiene and cleaning requirements.
In our restaurants
- Please access the dining rooms via the Rotonda Restaurant for all meals.
- If you have booked with half board, a fixed table is reserved for dinner. Our service manager will show you your table on the first evening.
- You should not miss the Karnerhof breakfast buffet during your holiday. This takes place under special hygiene precautions: We kindly ask you to disinfect your hands before EVERY walk to the buffet at our supervised disinfectant dispenser. Disposable gloves are available as an alternative. Tongs and serving utensils are replaced regularly.
- Our afternoon snack and salad buffet are currently supervised by our kitchen team.
Enjoying everything the Karnerhof has to offer
- Swimming in the lake is possible without restrictions.
- The distances on our spacious sunbathing areas can be kept without any issue.
- Your sun bed will be freshly disinfected and remains reserved for you for the duration of your stay.
- In the indoor swimming pool area a minumum distance of at least one meter to others must be maintained.
- The use of sauna facilities at the same time is limited for one person or for persons living in the same household.
- In order to maintain the necessary distances, the bathing jetty is kept free of loungers and is available to all guests.
- Our fitness programme is taking place outdoors.
- When offering massages, beauty treatments and hairdressing services, we strictly adhere to the official regulations for these activities. We will inform you about the specific requirements and measures for these activities in person.
- We ask for your understanding if individual wellness services cannot be offered during your stay due to current regulations.